Research shows that 20% of US households move every year. That is a lot of new movers! Those are also your customers and they are moving AWAY from you. Are you replacing them with the new movers in the area?
New mover mailings capitalize on the huge opportunity that exists with people who have recently moved into the area. A new mover list includes both renters and owners. If you only want the home owners then you want to get a new homeowners list, not a new movers list. The benefits, however, are almost the same.
5 Great Reasons for New Mover Mailings
- New movers need to get their life in order and are looking for business to replace their old ones.
- New movers talk a lot about the new places they establish as their own. This means new movers generate lots of word of mouth and referrals!
- New mover mailngs give you the best opportunity to replace the business you lose via your existing clients moving away.
- New movers spend more money than usual in their first year in a new city.
- New movers are not likely to know about any of the businesses in the area, including your competition, so new mover mailings give you the valuable opportunity to make the first impression!
New Mover Facts and Statistics
- Services most needed most: Banking, hair stylist, dentists, health care, accountant, auto repair, cable TV, Internet services, grocery store, apparel/shoe stores, restaurants, home improvement services, landscape maintentance.
- Interesting new mover facts:
- 64% dine out 1-4 times per week
- 20% of US household relocate every year
- Most establish their new spending relationships within 6 months
Tips for your New Mover Postcard Mailings
- Go BIG! New mover postcards should be large. Dont cut corners, go with at least a 5.5x8.5 size or 6x11.
- Make a great offer. Don't skimp on the offer either. You have one chance to make a first impression. Give them something GREAT. If you can give it to them FREE then do it. Get them to come in and try out your business and win a customer for life.
- Use color. New mover postcards like all postcards with little exception, should make full use of 4 color printing. People like it and it generates a better response according to many studies.
- Save money by printing bulk up front. One way to save money on your new mover postcards is to print a large nuber of them up front (5-10k) then just pull the amount needed each month and ink jet the addresses on.
- Set it and forget it. New mover mailing programs are so vital to the life of your business, you can, and should, automate this side of your marketing plan. Work with a company (like ours!) that can get the mailng list each month, as well as manage the printing, and mailing. Have them keep your payment info on file and just send you the reciept each month. KISS is a good model to follow here.
- Expand your boundries. New movers are such great prospects that you are at liberty to market to prospects a little farther away from your business than you normally would with other advertising means. If you normally pull from 3-5 miles try going 5-10. The overall number is still so small and you may be suprised how many still respond to your great offer and remain loyal.
At Mail King USA we make direct mail postcard marketing programs easy. From the design, to the targeted mailing list, to the print and mailing we can handle it all for you so you can focus on what you do best. Give us a call today at (916) 296-0545 or submit a contact form and we will be in touch with you to schedule a call to discuss your specific business goals.
New mover postcard mailing program articles
5 Great Reasons for New Mover Postcard Mailings
New Mover Facts and Statistics
6 Tips for your New Mover Postcards